Friday 8 March 2013

Final magazine



Front Cover:

The final front cover of my R&B music magazine 'The Game' has a consistent colour scheme using the same purple, black and white house colours which contrast well with my model's skin tone in the main image, aswell as her bright red lipstick. Furthermore, I think these colours also juxtapose well with her pink, yellow and green floral crop-top which adds a quirky feel to my front page. I feel the use of the three main colours gives my magazine a basic, simple look which will be more appealing to the audience as too many colours will come across as too complex and confusing for the reader, therefore perhaps putting them off. I chose the colour white for my masthead as I feel the colour is refreshing for the audience to look at, plus I used a Bevel Emboss and Drop Shadow effect on it so that it stands out from the main image and is the first feature to grab the reader's attention. Furthermore, I felt it was important to have 'CASSIE STARR' my main artist's name in large capital letters as she is the most important artist in the issue. For my sell lines I used the font Century Gothic which is a basic font, taking away any complexity and too much variety from the page. As you can see, my sell lines "backstage with.. Rihanna", "tickets to see.. Miguel" and "private gig with.. Beyonce" follow a simple almost repetitive 'list-of-three' effect which is simple for the reader to look at and understand, therefore standing out at them more. This will create the effect that being able to attend these gigs, backstage passes and getting tickets for concerts is also easy which is exactly what my teenage target audience will want. I used the font Georgia with a black colour and Drop Shadow on the artists' names so that it grabs the reader's attention immediately and they instantly know what the selline is about. As you can see, I've also added a "+ top 10 R&B songs right now" selline where the number '10' is a white font in a purple box so that the reader's attention is brought to this instantly making them wonder what the number is about, along with the plus sign making the reader feel as if they receive extra for what they have paid for. Plus a plus symbol is simple and easy for anyone to immediately understand. Aswell as this, I felt it was crucial to include a feature about the reader being able to win a prize which will again make them feel as if they are getting more than what they 'bargained for'. I included this aspect in a purple circle shape which is different to the rest of the aspects on my magazine therefore making it stand out. Furthermore as you can see I have also included purple banners at the top and bottom of the front cover with a Bevel Emboss effect on them making them seem '3D', with them both mentioning awards, concerts and 'hottest and latest R&B music' on them. The effect of this will be that the reader will feel a lot of opportunities and information is included in the magazine and that it is worthy of the money they have paid for it. Finally, I feel that the body language of the model I used was important because I wanted her to dominate the page and represent my genre well. The fact that my model is using direct eye contact with the camera lense represents that she is not shy and is welcoming, creating a feeling of personal connection between the artist and the reader, making the reader feel as if they are 'the same'. This will lure the reader in more to read the magazine. My model's stance is very basic; - her arms up behind her head portrays that she is welcoming and confident with nothing to hide. Aswell as this, her curly, bouncy hair, bright red lipstick and colourful floral crop top suggests that my model is fun, flirty, unique and confident aswell as very feminine. This could both appeal to females and males as females may inspire to look like her and males may have a sex appeal for her. The crop top represents a calm, relaxed and casual nature about her which is very inviting for my teenage target audience as this is what many teenagers like to do, and they may feel she is just like them; - not too restricted with some of the flesh of her stomach showing.
Contents page
The contents page of my final magazine again follows the house colours of purple, black and white. Each headline "on the cover", "regulars" and "exclusives" is in a black bold script font to give my contents page a classy, mature and perhaps quite feminine look. I think this would be very effective towards the female audiences. For each topic name next to the page numbers, I have put it in purple capitals so that it stands out clearly to the reader from its black lower-case description below. This means that the reader can easily navigate themselves around the magazine. I have used an editor's note which is a typical convention of an R&B magazine, and introduced the reader to it. I have also made sure to use 5 effective images, one of which is of a male in order to create a sex appeal and attract female audiences but to also make sure that the male audiences feel they can relate and that the magazine isn't 'too feminine'. Lastly, I have made sure to include all social networks and contact details in a purple box such as Twitter, Subscription and a The Game iPhone app which will further attract my young target audience as they are more interested in going on these social networking sites on the internet and using technology to communicate and get involved. Furthermore, advertising my magazine's technology distribution means that my target audience can get involved with the magazine in their spare time too and more easily share it around with their friends.

Double page spread, page one
On page one of my double page spread I used a large mid shot of my model with a leapord-print furr coat on to create a quirky look which will intrigue the audience, and then used a quote stating "this is just the beginning" in a large black font with the words "this is" and "beginning" highlighted in purple. I decided that this quote would really stand out to the audience because it suggests that my main artist has a lot more in store for them which is exciting and intriguing for the reader. Below this, some of the article starts here.

Double page spread, last page
On the last page of my double page spread, the rest of my article is placed here. Then, on the right hand side I have placed a black and white 3x3 grid of close up shots of my model pulling different facial expressions. I decided this would have a good effect because it would show the reader that my model has many different sides of her and that she can be silly too, which will stand out to my target audience in particular as they are still young and are able to be silly too, so they can relate and will feel as if they are "the same". Also, below this a bit more to the right hand side I have used a near-long-shot of my model singing into a microphone. This shows an image to the reader of the artist actually performim

No comments:

Post a Comment