Thursday 7 March 2013

Diary: 06/03/13

Diary: 06/03/13

 
Today I continued working on my music magazine. I finished creating the three boxes and putting them in the blank space on my double page spread, then underneath this was a gap aswell so I had to think of something to fill these. Suddenly I had an idea, and I decided to put all the social networking sites on there for The Game, so that my target audience could get involved online, too. However, before I managed to start this, I was presented with an AS Media checklist, meaning I had to navigate through my blog and check off everything on the PDF checklist that I had done. Next to each check I also had to select the quality of the piece of work, what document it is presented on and select whether it's completed or a draft file. I found I had completed a lot on my blog and was able to select most of them as 'proficient' which was satisfying. However, the checklist made me realise that a lot of my documents are presented on Powerpoint still, and even though I attempted to change this by transforming several of the files on my blog from Powerpoint to Prezi for example, there are still many that are presented through Powerpoint so I need to change this in order to have a wider variation of presentation techniques on my blog. Also, the checklist made me realise that there are two things I haven't done: behind the scenes document and the chosen images document. So I will work on the Chosen Images document over the weekend.


 Above, as you can see is a screenshot of the work I completed on my magazine today. I have completed the purple boxes I spoke about yesterday in my project log and have now also added social networking details below so that my target audience are able to get involved with the magazine online too.

This is a close up screenshot of what I did with the three subscription magazines at the bottom of my double page spread. I had to change the house colour of my magazine three times in order to do this, screen shot these, open them in Photoshop and drag them into InDesign, cropping them into the right size and lining them up together by the 'subscription' part at the bottom of my double page spread. I did this because I knew it would allow the audience to realise that there are many more monthly magazines to come from The Game and that they are all different, hopefully increasing audience's subscription to my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment