Friday 21 December 2012

R&B Magazine FIRST DRAFT

Magazine Eee PDF

This is my magazine first draft. Here, we have my front cover, 2 pages to my contents page and 4 pages to my double page spread. The magazine name I picked was 'the game' representing the competition between artists that they call the game. Ideally this gives my magazine a fiery feel to it as the audience will feel as if it will consist varying amounts of contrasting artists competing with eachother. I used the house colours of purple, black and white; - simple, classy and very R&B. As we can see, on my front cover I have used many sell lines to attract the audience and have made sure that they are bold with drop shadows in order to stand out. Furthermore, it has features to further attract the audience such as a mention of a prize at stake "WIN! Free signed Ciara CD" so that they are aware that they will get a reward back for their money's worth. On the contents page I have used a sort of triangular purple shape with a low transparency to add a 'funky' and quirky feel to the page. It will be intriguing for the audience to view a magazine with a few features to it that are different to the usual. For the listing of the contents' headings such as "on the cover" and "exclusives" I have used a 'fancy' script font that looks quite formal and pretty. I think this adds a classy edge to the magazine. I have used many pictures too, and at the bottom of the page I have put a picture of an iPhone with my front cover on it and text next to it stating that the reader can download an app for the magazine, and next to this is the 'Twitter' logo allowing the reader to follow us on the social networking site. This allows my young audience involve themselves with my magazine online too which is what many teenagers nowadays like to do; - go on social networking sites. As you can see at the bottom of each page I have put the month and year "December 2012" and the page number in bold next to it, so that the audience can easily navigate through my magazine. On the double page spread I have used a white quote from the article to instantly capture the reader's attention, and then "CASSIE STARR" in capitals. The text runs throughout the page, laid-out organised and easy to navigate through. Then, I have put a black and white 3x3 grid of close ups of my model doing different facial expressions. I figured that the black and white colour adds a classy look to the page but yet the juxtaposition between my model's contrasting facial expressions creates a quirky look to it that the reader may instantly be drawn to. At the bottom of the page, I have also added some slanted pictures of my model supposedly "at her last photoshoot" and her "excstatic at her fans' reaction to her new album release". This adds a realistic feature to my magazine as it is almost giving evidence for the things "Cassie" has done and events that have happened such as these. On the second two pages of my double page spread I have used a long shot of my model inbetween the text and also a mid shot just to seperate the text and keep the reader interested in what is being said and the pictures being shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment