Thursday 8 November 2012

Magazine Inspiration: 'MORE!' magazine


I found this magazine in our classroom's magazinebox and after analysing the front cover I discovered quite a few things that could be good help/inspiration for when I create my own magazine.
Firstly, I saw that the main image of artist Tulisa has enhanced features, for example she has purple eyemakeup but blue eyes, and it seems as if the producers of the magazine have enhanced her makeup and made it brighter on a program like Photoshop. I can see that it definitely makes the main image look better and draws your attention to it which gives me inspiration for when I make my magazine. I might choose to do this with my model for my main image too. Also, Tulisa's stance looks laid-back and easygoing; - my first interpretation of this was that this stance makes her look friendly and approachable, which could therefore draw audience in even more. I have taken this particular stance into consideration and have added it to my ideas of how I will make my model pose/stand.
Furthermore, the magazine has a use of bright colours - a bright orange masthead and some of the other text is big bright and orange too. Also, the banner of the magazine is bright yellow and some other features are yellow too. This really stood out to me when I first saw the magazine and therefore it inspires me to perhaps use bright colours for my magazine too.
Lastly, I noticed on this magazine that some of the features e.g the 'INSIDE!' box are placed diagonally on the front cover giving it an informal look. However, I think this is quite effective as it allows the front cover to look casual and not too intimidating for the reader, because otherwise if they see a well-structured and formal front cover, they might instantly feel as if its contents will be too formal aswell and this will result in a negative effect. Therefore, I have taken inspiration from this and will keep this in mind for my magazine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment